Technically, as is stated in the Warranty Guide that is provided in the glove box of every vehicle sold, the manufacturer’s warranty provided by Honda Canada Inc. is only valid for vehicles that are “normally operated in Canada”. However, American Honda will provide warranty coverage for the applicable warranty period if you fax or mail the following documents before you move to the United States:
- A copy of a current Canadian driver’s license to show proof of Canadian residency
- A copy of the Canadian Bill of Sale, which must have the VIN, selling dealer name, and engine number
- A copy of the Canadian permanent vehicle registration. Temporary registration is not acceptable.
- A copy of the current vehicle registration in the United States.
You must contact American Honda Automobile Customer Relations (1-800-999-1009) to determine if the above applies in your specific case, and if the warranty provided by Honda Canada Inc. can be applied to your situation.
Other FAQs you might also be interested in…
- I have a U.S. model Honda, and I am now living in Canada. I have learned that American Honda issued a recall on my vehicle. Can I have the recall repair done at a Canadian Honda dealership?
- I am planning to move to Canada from the United States with a Honda automobile that I bought in the U.S. What do I have to do?
- If I purchase a used Honda in Canada that was originally sold as a new car in the United States, will Honda Canada provide any warranty coverage?
- What documentation do I require if I am moving to the United States and I want to take my Honda vehicle with me? Will my warranty be valid in the United States?
- I received a recall notice concerning my vehicle. What should I do now?
- I have just purchased (or am considering purchasing) a used Honda. How can I determine where the vehicle was serviced in the past, and what service has been performed?
- I had a flat tire on my car, and I am still within the warranty period. What warranty coverage is available on my tires?
- I just bought a used Honda and there was no Owner’s Manual with it. How can I get one?
- I am working on my own Honda and need some technical support from Honda to get my car fixed. Can I call your engineers and get them to help answer my questions?