Getting Your Car Ready For A Long TripFeb 13rd, 2017
One of the best ways to spend a weekend is getting in your car and going far away to explore more around us. But you don’t want to end up on the side of the road needing repair at any point when you are that far away. #FormulaHonda is here to ensure that it won’t happen. Below is a list of things to consider before hitting the road.
Check/Do The Following:
- Change oil and filter, as well as your air filter
- Change spark plugs
- Check tire pressure and tread, also look for any visible damage on tires
- Check your spare tire
- Make sure you have a tire iron and jack
- Pack a fire extinguisher
- Bring towels for cleaning dirty windshields, spills, etc.
- Get a spare key for your car and keep it on you
- Bring a plastic funnel
- Always fill your gas tank when it is half full. Don’t wait too long
- Check wipers and wiper fluid
- Check coolant
- Flush radiator, if you haven’t done so in a while
Pack A Car Survival Kit With These Items:
- A chain or thick towing rope
- Screwdrivers and wrenches of different sizes, pliers and a hammer
- Bungee cords
Tips For A Safe and Successful Drive:
- Understand your limits and plan accordingly
- Stay at a steady speed for better gas mileage
- Stay away from trucks. Never tailgate. Pay full attention to the road.
Allow Us To Prepare You For Your Trip
Here at Formula Honda, we will happily check your Honda vehicle before you head out on a long trip. You should feel confident on the road while traveling and getting a service checkup allows you to keep that confidence. For more information, visit us at www.formulahonda.com to call or book an appointment online. You can also see our recent Honda events and Honda special offers. We look forward to serving you!